Whether you are a Bride or Bridesmaid - one of the most nerve-wracking things to do on your big day is to do your own makeup. While some people decide to relax and leave it to the professionals, some people prefer to do it themselves. I mean, why can’t they? They know what they look good in and do their own makeup on a daily basis so it should be super easy, right?
Well, not exactly. Your (or your bestie's) wedding is one of, if not the biggest moment of your life. That being said, everyone wants to look their best. So we've gathered up a few things to remember when doing your own makeup on your day of wedded bliss.
(and yes, we are trying to sprinkle a bit of humor here, too.)
1. Trials! This is one of those times where you need to be as prepared as possible. Try to maybe do a couple of practice runs before you apply everything. Please, don’t try to “wing it” on your wedding day.
2. Avoid being the Raccoon - Always, always, always remember to wear waterproof mascara, or anything waterproof for that matter, else you’re going to look like you are in an episode of The Hills looking back at your wedding video.
3. Shock free lips - Unless your theme is bordering on ‘circus and rainbows’ please leave the bright lipsticks for another day and time. Your wedding day is not the day to finally experiment with that periwinkle color in your lipstick collection.
4. ... and shock free eyes, too. Seriously, don’t even try anything with your eyeshadow either. Keep it simple, neutral, and a more enhanced version of how you look on the regular. This day is not one to play around with different color combinations.
5. Don't be a Geisha. Make sure your foundation matches your skin tone under all the different lighting you’d expect at your wedding. This helps you choose the correct foundation. You do not want to have a white cast in all of your wedding pictures.
6. Bat those lashes! It’s your wedding day so yes, fake eyelashes are perfectly fine. Just don't do any crazy feathered pink lashes, k?
7. GROOM... yourself. Please don’t forget to groom those brows before the big day too. We’re all for the full-browed look but, try not to let it border on unibrow territory.
8. Tame your mane. Whether you put it in an up-do, half-up half-down, or leave it all the way down, don’t forget to do your hair.
9. Sssss...sassy! Just remember, at the end of the day, it’s your wedding so you should feel comfortable, beautiful, and ready to marry the love of your life!
Source: Giphy, Reddit