As the weather is gets cooler and the leaves turn yellow, fall has quietly snuck up on us and forced us out our swim suits, hot shorts, and summer maxi dresses, into our trench coats, pea coats, cozy sweaters and scarves. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for fall fashion. I personally love layering, I think it's a fun way to express fashion.
Just because cottage season and beach tanning days are over, doesn't mean you and your BFFs should stop hanging out. Yes, summer does make people want to get out more and have fun, but there are actually tons of fun activities to pass time with your girlfriends, other than going out to town. Good times don't always have to involve a drink, or fine dining, to have fun - here are a few of my favorites:
1. Picnic - Even though we can't be in hot shorts and tank tops anymore, neighborhood parks are still perfect for a cozy afternoon with food and laughter. Bring your favourite wool blanket and your current read, enjoy the afternoon of fresh air with your girlfriends!
2. Hiking - Perfect time to enjoy the outdoor without getting grilled by the sun. Hike at a comfortable speed so that you and your girlfriends can catch up while doing some minor cardio, and training that butt climbing up those hills.
3. Baking - pumpkin spice? gingerbread? with Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, start experimenting with what kind of home baked goods to gift to your colleagues and friends! You can feel guilt free tasting your baked goods too since bikini season is over. (but DO remember that you still need to fit into that dress for the holiday party)
4. DIY Halloween Costumes - Trying to kill time since you can't chill outside anymore? spend a weekend afternoon brainstorming or researching halloween costumes together! It is a lot more fun to coordinate outfits with your friends, even better when they are DIY, one of a kind costumes, so you girls will stand out at the party! (Stay tuned for tips on Halloween outfits)
(Photo source: Fancy Made)
5. Holiday Shopping - Don't celebrate Halloween? No problem. Holiday shopping is underway right when we enter November. Enjoy some fun time holiday shopping with your bffs! My girlfriends and I always end up shopping for ourselves when we start holiday shopping early, but it is still great, quality hangout time.
(Photo source: Splash News Online)
6. Netflix - Don't want to go anywhere or do anything active? Thank goodness we have Netflix. I am guilty with the binge for sure, my current favorite is Happy Endings. (It's a blessing in disguise that it's since been cancelled, so I don't spend too much time watching it) Prepare your favorite snacks and PJs for a Netflix marathon/ slumber party at your bff's place.
(Photo source: Meghan Markle's Instagram)
What's your favorite fall activity with your BFFs? Share with us in the comment below!