Learning how to take you own measurements will help you get a better idea of your body size when you are ordering apparel online. Ordering from Pastel Dress Party requires you to take your measurements, this means you will own a dress that is made especially for you. Talk about CUSTOM don't you think?
The whole process is actually much easier then you think. Follow our detailed instructions and you are one step closer to owning a custom-tailored dress, made just for you!
Some tips before you start:
- Measure closest to your body. Keep away from baggy clothing. In underwear is preferred but if thats not an option a thin tank top and tights will be fine.
- Use a measuring tape
- Take measurements wearing shoes. For a long dress be sure you are wearing your desired shoe height to ensure you have the perfect length.
- Relax and stand up straight. Slouching and holding your breath wont produce as accurate measurements.
Below are the most common measurements we use.
- Upper Bust-Measure around your upper chest, approximately 1 inch under your armpit.
- Bust- Measure around the fullest part of your chest, the measuring tape will cross your nipples.
- Waist- Measure around the thinnest part of your waist. About 1 or 2 inches above your belly button.
- Hips- Measure around the widest part of your hips.
- Length (front)- Measure from the top of your shoulder, along your frontal silhouette, and down to where you want the dress to end.
- Length (back)- Measure from the top of your shoulder, along back to where you want the dress to end.
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel for a complete set of step by step tutorials, and our measurement page for demos.
Have you ever measured yourself? Do you have any question? e-mail us at email@example.com